Photo: Camila Muradas
The Age of Aquarius has arrived. Since then, the knowledge of new ways of life has become necessary. In this new Era, people will need to expand their minds and their consciousness. Learning meditation techniques will be of great importance, because this learning will help people to enhance their intuition and to listen to what the soul itself has to say.
The Science of Kundalini Yoga is known as a technology, because its effects are fast and powerful. This practice helps to promote physical and mental conditioning. It brings strength and balance to the person to face the challenges of the Aquarian Age which is guided by the self-sensory system.
In the Aquarian Age, quietness and silence will be important because of the volume of information and the fast pace of life. Establishing intimacy with the breath and the mind will have crucial significance to maintaining the connection with the physical body. In this context, Kundalini Yoga helps to minimize the illusions of the mind and ego and keep the person present in the here and now. This yoga technology speeds up the process of connecting body and spirit, and consequently, promotes balance and tranquility.
But what is the Age of Aquarius after all and how does it operate in our lives?
According to Yogi Bhajan, there have already been many Eras in the history of mankind, but the change in this Era is different. In the previous Era, the Piscean Age, people were able to use the power to justify their actions to dodge from their consequences and responsibilities, while practicing frauds, corruption and polluting the nature. This Era was marked by machines and hierarchies. The motto was “to be or not to be”.
In the past, a person was able to wear a lot of masks to show it self to the world. Nowadays, each “persona” is in an auditing. Each action can be tracked, though the appearances. Every non-conscious action will be recognized. The Age of Aquarius is governed by consciousness, information and energy. The motto is “to be to be”. The practical action should be the language of the awaken being.
The old defenses and manipulations no longer work. Before doing anything, a person will have to access their capacity to evaluate their own actions and face the consequences. The honest and true actions will be the greatest gift of the individual. The changes in this Age are radical. Most people are already feeling discomfort and great imbalance in their lives. Regardless of the way that the change is seen, it also reaches the roots of society, because it requires a new moral, human and ecological attitude among all beings.
The character of the Aquarian Age
• Change and learning is continuous and life-long. We must maintain physical, mental and emotional flexibility.
• Intellect is not enough. We need a new relationship with intuition, emotion and instinct.
• Information is not enough. Neither is knowledge. We need wisdom.
• Learning is not enough. We must learn how to learn.
• Complexity is increasing and we need to deal with it.
• Our sense of personal identity and its foundations are changing.
• This is an age of paradox, more global and individual with fewer boundaries and more demand for political separations. Everything is faster and there is less time. We need far more love and unity, for we will have more fear and tremendous insecurity.
• Stamina and constant peak performance are common benchmarks to evaluate all people and their work and what is required is to go inward and regenerate ourselves.
• We require a reconciliation and integration of the spiritual side of life with the technological and material sides – a spiritual fitness to sense values and meaning.
• There is no isolation. Each action we take must be considered ecologically and globally, because each person does affect, directly or indirectly, vast networks of people, other living beings and places.
Each age has its own characteristics and challenges for the body, mind and soul. In the Piscean Age, for example, the diseases were mostly physical origin as tuberculosis, influenza and malaria. In the Aquarian Age, diseases are more of psychological origin, such as depression, anxiety, fatigue and insomnia. These diseases are advancing in epidemic proportions by use of technology. Some will try to escape the impacts with harmful adaptations such as drugs use and violence.
Technology will bring complexity. “We do not need new choices. We are flooded with choices. We need an elevated capacity to make choices. We do not need more information. We need wisdom to use all the information. We do not need another religion. We need the experience of a dharma (destination) that creates the spiritual fitness to act accordingly to our beliefs”. Yogi Bhajan April 7, 1995
Sutras for the Aquarian Age
1 – Recognize that the other person is you.
2 – There is a way through every block.
3 – When the time is pressing you, start something and the pressure will be off.
4 – Understand through compassion or you will misunderstand the times.
5 – Vibrate the Cosmos, the Cosmos shall clean the path.
Those who live attached in the ego illusions will feel a huge void. The immediacy, the lack of compassion, the fights for political and social territory no longer work. Those who struggle to assert their own will, will not understand what it is to live consciously. The right people will be available to assist and serve those who seek to wake up..
Each person will be a master of his own self, through service, character and commitment. The existential dramas and the words without value will be unnecessary. In the Age of Aquarius wholeness of being will come from the sensory system and high capacity for action that must come from the heart. (Source of information: The Aquarian Teacher TM: KRI International Teacher Training in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan® Level 1 Instructor by Yogi Bhajan, Ph.D. Fourth Edition Copyright Yogi Bhajan 2007.)
The yoga teachings within this article were used by permission of Kundalini Research Institute; For further information contact: kriteachings.org